From the Casablanca Project Page:
Casablanca is a Microsoft incubation effort to support cloud-based client-server communication in native code using a modern asynchronous C++ API design.
Casablanca is a project to start exploring how to best support C++ developers who want to take advantage of the radical shift in software architecture that cloud computing represents.
Here’s what you get with Casablanca:
- Support for accessing REST services from native code on Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 by providing asynchronous C++ bindings to HTTP, JSON, and URIs
- A Visual Studio extension SDK to help you write C++ HTTP client side code in your Windows 8 App Store style app
- Support for writing native-code REST for Azure, including Visual Studio integration
- Convenient libraries for accessing Azure blob, table, and queue storage from native clients as a first class Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) feature
- A consistent and powerful model for composing asynchronous operations based on C++ 11 features
- A C++ implementation of the Erlang actor-based programming model
- A set of samples and documentation